Health care around the world is focused on addressing the global quality of patient’s lives, which are affected by significant outbreaks of disease and communities with unmet health needs. Public health is the backbone to improving global quality of life and supporting community health as a whole. Our public health systems play a key role in stimulating access and resources for the communities we serve and it's our mission to improve how we can respond to diseases and health issues that affect people in a global healthcare environment.
The CDC’s EPHS
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published ten essential public health services (EPHS) to describe a framework for protecting and serving future public health practices for people and communities. Their framework includes:
- Assess and monitor population health status, factors that influence health, and community needs and assets.
- Investigate, diagnose, and address health problems and hazards affecting the population.
- Communicate effectively to inform and educate people about health, factors that influence it, and how to improve it.
- Strengthen, support, and mobilise communities and partnerships to improve health.
- Create, champion, and implement policies, plans, and laws that impact health.
- Utilise legal and regulatory actions designed to improve and protect the public’s health.
- Assure an effective system that enables equitable access to the individual services and care needed to be healthy.
- Build and support a diverse and skilled public health workforce.
- Improve and innovate public health functions through ongoing evaluation, research, and continuous quality improvement.
- Build and maintain a strong organisational infrastructure for public health.
CDC Essential Public Health Services (revised 2020)
Serving future public health practices for people and communities
Championing public health
In order to generate successful impact, we focus on being cost-effective, accessible, and participate in reforms that could greatly expand the reach of community-based interventions. Leaders in the pharmaceutical industry like Seragon can exercise great responsibility to promote public health and working responsibly with public health policy makers to implement their efforts. We support community-based public health programs and initiatives that influence the quality of people’s wellbeing.
Public health is one of the most accessible ways to impact global health and reach new, emerging markets and communities. As we work to expand technologies and scientific discoveries, we're growing our current awareness of how to respond to diseases and health conditions that affect so many. We seek to significantly increase the number of people who can benefit from Seragon’s innovations, thus sustaining our growth and patient advocacy.